... to start thinking about awards season!
- Student-Athlete Achievement - awarded to the club with the highest average GPA
- Spirit of Sport Clubs - awarded to the sport club member with the highest level of dedication and passion for their club
- Fundraising - awarded to the club whose fundraising success has allowed for club growth
- Sport Club of the Year - awarded to the club that has demonstrated the highest degree of organization and commitment to its members, the department, and the University
- Coach/Instructor of the Year - awarded to the sport club program's most outstanding instructor
- Athletic/Competitive Achievement - awarded to the club with the most outstanding athletic or competitive achievement.
- Terrapin Community Award - presented to the club that demonstrates the highest level of "giving back" to the University or College Park community.
Start thinking about which award your team is going after this year - and be sure to save the date for the Fourth Annual Sport Club Appreciation & Awards Dinner, to be held May 6, 2010. Here are a few photos from last year's event:
To see a full list of award winners, please see the second page of the sport club handbook.