Are you a current sport club officer? Or a sport club member hoping to one day become a sport club officer? Then the Terp GOALS program is for you.
What is Terp GOALS? It's a leadership development series geared specifically towards our sport club members and officers. This program is designed to help YOU develop relationships, transition in new officers, learn how to manage your club finances, and delegate responsibilities to fellow officers.
The first session of Terp GOALS will be held on October 6, 2009 at 7pm in the SPH Building, room 0307. This session is entitled Goal Setting & Understanding Leadership Development and will focus on:
- Officer Orientation - Now that you have had a month as an officer, what questions do you have?
- Leadership Styles - Are you task-oriented? Autocratic or democratic? Identify your leadership style and learn how to make it work for you and your club.
- Goal Setting - You can't get from Point A to Point B if you don't know where Point B is! Learn how to identify goals and how to get your club to all work towards the same thing.
- Leadership Team - Learn how to help your club officers work together.
- Resources and Support Structure - Identify ways CRS staff can help you reach your club goals and the resources available to you as club officers.
This session will last about an hour and a half. Snacks will be provided!